Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

L.A. Noire - My first day


previous                                                                                                                                            next

Seriously on my first corner I killed(?) about 2 or 3 people. I used the hand break for a quick turn,  then I went up and on the sidewalk and there were bodies flying everywhere. This really upset me hahaha. They didn't deserve to be run over. They were just walking along happily until their oldie timey Hollywood dreams were squashed by a POLICE CAR!

I don't know what it is lately but my tolerance for violence these days is really low. Back when Mortal kombat first came out I had to borrow my friends mega drive just so I could see the blood and gore, but now I just don't want to rip out a spine and have HD/3d blood splatter all up in my face.

I think the worst was one of the latest FPS... I think it was Call of duty. You were on a boat (maybe?), you were escaping and you had to kill a guard with a hatchet and then stay in the shadows and not be seen. Whenever you were seen you had to redo the same 'up close' 'brutal kill' with the hatchet. After 12 times of screwing up the sneaking part and having to re-kill this guy I was pretty dam ill and I started apologising to the guy before I killed him.

"Look man... I'm sorry we have to go through this again... I think I got it worked out this time."

"ok I know I may have said I worked it out but... here we are. Your death wont be in vain this time... I promise".


 I'm not anti the R18+ for videogames in Australia. I think that should be introduced as it allows greater depth with storytelling and it would allow better classification of some of these games that have come in on a lower rating.

Well see you on Wednesday for my double murder guilt trip

Oh some disclaimers:

This comic is a review of my experiences playing L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire is copyrighted by 'Rockstar games'

I do not have amazing sideburns. I have overgrown hair and need a haircut. So do not ask for sideburn advice, in this comic I am living a lie.







2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I love the colouring and I especially liked the guy's noodle arms as his lifeless body goes flying in the air. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! The painted frame was quite quick and easy to do once I decided to go crazy with it. There will be more like this on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete