Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

L.A. inFAMOUS! 2 guys named Cole


previous                                                                                                                                            next

I just realised that the main characters in both L.A. Noire and inFamous are called Cole (Cole Phelps and Cole Macgath) and since inFamous Cole turn up in the last comic I've decided to run with this gag.

I've been hooked playing inFamous! I've really been enjoying it.... well until the trash spiders. Those guys suck and are not fun, everything else is cool but not those spiders.

I really like the character Zeke. He has some great well delivered lines (credit to the voice actor.) He could have quite easily been terrible as the jokey comic relief sidekick but they did a good job with him. Something else that borders on either being good or bad is the character animation during cutscenes. They are animated in this straight, poppy, pose to pose with barely any inbetweens (almost just the animation blocking) and sometimes that is quite funny (like the first guy you meet in the sewer). This may be only funny to an animator though :P. L.A. Noire is the complete opposite with it's focus on creating a super real experience (I'll get into my feelings of that at some point).

Oh the game glich craziness of the NPC's every now and then has me in stitches. I saw one lady try to sit on a bench and then just rocket up in the air and land across the road for no reason haha! Good times.

It's also pretty cool the scripted dialogue the npc's have. They spend the whole time telling me how great I am, unlike L.A. Noire where they keep asking me, "what are you drunk?" "SERIOUSLY I'M NOT DRUNK I JUST DRIVE AND WALK BAD OK!!"

Well see you Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. i'm really digging this la noire comic. great to find a fellow perthian online too.

    i actually bought a PS3 just to play this game. and i think it's safe to say that i'm having the exct same reactions to it as semi-autobiographical you has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha cool that your a Perthian and I'm glad you dig the comic!

    ReplyDelete